Born and raised in Singapore, Harry’s dance education began when he was studying in the UK in 2004. His main source of inspiration has been the enigmatic New York dancer and choreographer, Frankie Martinez, and has trained extensively under him in Mambo and Afro-Latin funk.
Harry also counts many others to have contributed to his understanding of Latin dances, most notably Sergio Jasso, former director of Alma Latina, in the area of Bachata. Aside from the Street Latin dances, Harry has influences from other dance forms such as Ballet, Dunham technique, Horton technique, African/Contemporary, Hip hop, and Jazz.
He has established himself as a fine dancer in the European and Asian salsa scene, renowned for his musical interpretation, unique style, boundless energy, and enjoyment of the dance. He has been invited as a guest instructor and performer for various events and congresses around Europe and Asia.
- Salsa Bangkok Fiesta, Bangkok Thailand (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Formosa Salsa Fiesta, Taipei, Taiwan (2015, 2016)
- Jeju Beach Salsa Festival, Jeju, Korea (2014, 2015)
- Hot Winter in Siberia, Krasnoyarsk, Russia (2015)
- Singapore Latin Extravaganza, Singapore (2014)
- 3rd Front Reload, Rostov, Russia (2013, 2014)
- Salsa Beach Splash, Croatia (2012)
- Mambocity 5 Star Congress London, UK (2011, 2012)
- Salsa Candela Karlsruhe, Germany (2011)
- Cork Salsa Festival, Ireland (2010)
- Wieliczka Crystal Salsa Festival, Poland (2010)
Harry currently resides and teaches in Singapore, where he co-directs Evoka Dance Company with Jared Koh.